M3AAWG is a National Cyber Security Month Partner
Once again, M3AAWG is an official Champion of #CyberAware Month and is helping to spread the word to make end-users safer. For example, the official National Cyber Awareness Month website STOP THINK CONNECT offers some great tips to help end-users understand how to make their mobile devices more secure or to generate awareness about the issues related to sharing private data online. Get involved! Become a Champion, educate your colleagues in your workplace and share the CyberAware recommendations that can help make the internet a safer place for everyone. (And yes, you can share the graphic shown here encouraging everyone to update the security software on their devices.)
Industry Activist Neil Schwartzman to Keynote WorldHostingDays Singapore
Focusing on anti-abuse best practices for hosting and cloud services, long-time M3AAWG member, CAUCE Executive Director and industry activist Neil Schwartzman will address the September 2016 conference. WHD.global is a world-class technology conference that brings together leading experts and insiders for high-value networking, informative discussions, and shared experiences. Over the last twelve years WHD.global has become the largest and most successful event for the hosting and cloud services industry. Singapore is an independent city-state with a large technological footprint spanning the globe. Dozens of technology companies are based here or use Singapore as their gateway to South East Asia, including LinkedIn, Acronis, Microsoft, Red Hat, and more.
Welcome to Our New Website
Our new site is designed to make it easier to find the best practices, reports and other materials to make your job easier and better serve the online community. Here's a quick rundown to help you find your way around:
- For the Industry - Find all our published documents under this menu tab, organized by Best Practices, Public Policy comments and M3AAWG Reports, including both the M3AAWG Email Metrics Reports and the M3AAWG Bot Metrics Report. Other documents, such as research reports from other organizations, are listed in Supporting Documents.
- Meetings - Information on Upcoming Meetings, including dates, registration, hotel and Training information, including some videos of some past training sessions.. We also have included available some Keynote Videos from previous meetings and other selected past meeting hightlights.
- Initiatives - This is where you will find our special programs and industry initiatives, such as the India Anti-Abuse Working Group, the Voice and Telephony Abuse SIG and information on the Anti-Bot Code of Conduct for ISPs.
- About Us - We highlight our members and our partners in this section with a list of our Members, our Partners, the M3AAWG Leadership and Committee Chairs, and the background of our Senior Technical Advisors. If you are interested in joining us, you will find our Membership Application here too.
- News - Has a complete history of all M3AAWG news releases, where to follow us on social media, our D3MZ blog, and published articles about M3AAWG.
Watch the February 2015 Facebook CSO Keynote Video
(Click the link above or access the video from the Meeting menu tab under Keynote Videos)
Joe Sullivan, Facebook Chief Security Officer, explains how the company is getting involved in sharing threat information and what their vision of a more open and connected security community looks like in this keynote presented at the February 2015 M3AAWG 33 General Meeting in San Francisco. The security fates of companies and organizations are increasingly intertwined. If one service gets compromised, it’s usually easier to compromise another. This reality demands a more open approach to security, one with effective information sharing between companies that is built upon flexible and dependable tools to keep up with the spread of malware and other threats.