- Media Center
- About M3AAWG
- Members Only
India Anti-Abuse Working Group
See below for information on the July 31, 2014 meeting of the India Anti-Abuse Working Group.
India has one of the fastest growing user bases in the world and faces many of the same spam, malware and mobile abuse challenges that the global Internet community has been tackling for the last decade. To support the anti-abuse efforts among the Internet community in India, M3AAWG is sharing our members’ experience and industry best practices, hosting local meetings, and providing the other materials offered here.
Why India? An overview of the problem and M3AAWG approach:
4-Page white paper brochure on Indian service providers and the Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group
A Critical Role for India - EastWest Intitute post from the First India Workshop on Fighting Spam and Malware
July 31, 2014
The Imperial Hotel
Janpath, New Delhi
News Release Announcing Meeting
New M3AAWG Mobile Messaging Best Practices for Service Providers now available.
Among the topics to be discussed at the meeting:
- New Best Practices for Mobile Messaging Service Providers that are being released for the first time at the meeting
- A discussion of caller ID spoofing and preventing voice fraud
- SMS spam fitlering in Indian carriers
- A DMARC overview for mailbox providers and email marketers (followed by a more detailed tutorial at SANOG on August 3)
- Releant public policy updates
For more information, please contact:
Suresh Ramasubramanian, M3AAWG Special Advisor for India, at Suresh@hserus.net.
Sign Up for the India Anti-Abuse Mailing List:
Industry professionals working to fight spam, malware and other online abuse in the region can request to join the India Anti-Abuse Working Group mailing list at http://lists.hserus.net/mailman/listinfo/m3aawg-india.