Resources to Improve Your Operations and Collaborate on Security
We invite you to join us in contributing to the security of the global online community while improving the effectiveness of your own operations. Founded in 2004, M3AAWG is a trusted, collaborative forum where members from around the world share information on the latest technologies and operational-level initiatives to stop abuse. Expanding our reach, many industry associations such as ICANN, ISOC, and APWG are M3AAWG members and work within our community or present at our meetings. This sharing of the best approaches to fight online threats within a broad global community and access to industry experts has proven extremely valuable to our members and is not available in any other forum.
We also have published more than 40 best practices and other resources to provide the industry with recommendations and background information to improve messaging security and protect users:
- All M3AAWG best practices: https://www.m3aawg.org/published-documents
- All M3AAWG best practices and documents by general focus: Messaging – Malware – Mobile
A few current topics of interest:
- Communications Security
- Hosting/Cloud Service Providers:
- To understand, prevent and mitigate DDoS Attacks:
- To protect against pervasive monitoring:
- M3AAWG Initial Recommendations for Addressing a Potential Man-in-the-Middle Threat – www.m3aawg.org/MITM-Recommendations
- M3AAWG Password Recommendations for Account Providers - www.m3aawg.org/password-recommendations-providers
- M3AAWG Multifactor Authentication Recommendations - www.m3aawg.org/multifactor-authentication-bp
- Mobile Messaging:
- M3AAWG Email and Bot Reports:
- M3AAWG Industry Outreach LACNIC Anti-Abuse Partnership:
- Public Policy Comments:
- M3AAWG Meetings: https://www.m3aawg.org/upcoming-meetings
Members-only, multiple-track events held three times a year are generally attended by more than 300 participants with leading industry experts, researchers and public policy officials addressing such diverse topics as bot mitigation practices, social networking abuse, mobile abuse and pending legislation.
- Training and Industry-Relevant Videos: www.youtube.com/maawg
More than 70 videos in playlists organized around training, public policy, anti-abuse research, expert commentary from keynotes and other topics
The ongoing dialogue among M3AAWG members is an exceptional resource to keep you current on the latest trends and threats. We look forward to your participation.