M3AAWG 54th General Meeting Location
ATTENTION- In-person attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#vaccine-proof and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, we will be following state, local, and hotel mask mandates during the meeting.
General Meeting Hotel
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
5 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: +1 415.523.8227
Hotel information - PDF
The M3AAWG Rate will be offered 3 DAYS before and after the meeting based on availability. The M3AAWG negotiated room rate is guaranteed until January 28, 2022. After January 28th, please contact the hotel directly to determine availability.
Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at time of booking. The accommodation, including all additional extra fees, will be paid upon departure.
The individuals can make reservations directly to the Hotel by:
- Phone: +1.415.788.1234
- Toll Free Calling: 877.803.7534
- Online: Reservation Link
$299.00 USD King or Queen Bed
*Subject to Tax at a total of 16.25% + $1.00 Tourism fee.
This room rate is non-commissionable to travel agents.
If you are interested in upgrading to a suite, please contact the hotel directly.
Check In Time: 16:00
Check Out Time: 12:00
Credit cards are needed to guarantee reservations, and reservations cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival will receive a full refund of their deposit. Any reservation cancelled after 72 hours prior to arrival or no shows will forfeit 1 night’s room and tax.
Hyatt Regency Dinning:
*proof of vaccination is required at Hotel outlets* hours and services are subject to change
Location: Terrace Level
Hours of Operation: 24hrs
Cost: Free of charge
Embarcadero waterfront walking/jogging trail
Blazing Saddles Bicycle rental located behind the hotel on Market street
High Speed Internet Access in Sleeping Rooms:
Complimentary if booked in the M3AAWG group room block.
Business Center: located on Bay Level
San Francisco (SFO)
Distance from hotel: 14 miles / 22.5 km
Drive time: 29 minutes
Driving Directions to Hotel from SFO: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/california/hyatt-regency-san-francisco/sfors/maps-parking-transportation
Super Shuttle: $87 one-way ride share; 10% Discount code: http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?GC=9MEL4
BART: $9.65 one-way; approx. 45 mins. From SFO to Embarcadero BART Station, 0.1 miles from the hotel
Taxi: Approximately $43.00-$60.00 one-way
Private Town Car: Approximately $87.00-$95.00 one-way, ExecuCar
Uber: $45.95.00 -$50.00 for UberX
*Uber Directions: Riders arriving at Terminals 1-3 can be dropped off on either the Departure or Arrivals level. For international arrivals, riders can be dropped off at the center of the islands between Zones 14 and 17.
Oakland International (OAK)
Distance from hotel: 19.6 miles / 31.6 km
Drive time: 30 minutes
Super Shuttle: $116 one-way 10% discount code: http://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?GC=9MEL4
Taxi: Approximately $60-$100.00 one way
Private Town Car: Approximately $95.00-$125.00 one-way, ExecuCar
Uber: $52.00 - $60.00 for UberX
*Uber Directions: Riders are to be picked up curbside, at the “smartphone app rides” pickup area at 2E. 2E is located at the second curb from the terminal.
Valet Parking Only:
Charge at Hotel is $80 (tax included) per night including unlimited access.
3 Embarcadero Center – daily rate $2.00 for first 4 hours, $6.00 for every hour after overnight parking $35.00 + 14% city tax (NO IN/OUT Privileges). Prices are subject to change.
Updated Requirements for Air Travelers to the U.S. due to COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a new Order for all air passengers traveling to the United States. Effective November 8, 2021, all non-immigrant, non-citizen air travelers to the United States will be required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/requirements-for-air-travelers-to-the-us.html
A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The visa allows a foreign citizen, to travel to the United States port-of entry and request permission of the U.S. immigration inspector to enter the U.S. The "visitor" visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2), or combination of both (B-1/B-2) purposes.
Please visit US State Department to determine if you need to obtain a visa: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
San Francisco, California:
With its myriad hills and spectacular bay, San Francisco beguiles with natural beauty, vibrant neighborhoods, and contagious energy.
The Hyatt San Francisco is located in the heart of San Francisco’s most vibrant areas. The Hotel is located steps away from the iconic Embarcadero, the Ferry Building and Union Square. Adjacent to trolley, bus and BART stations. Visit this link for a detailed list of area attractions near the hotel https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/california/hyatt-regency-san-francisco/sfors/area-attractions
Please refer to the San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau for more information: https://www.sftravel.com/
Currency: $ USD
Voltage: 110 V
Tipping: 15-20% Bellmen, Doormen, Taxi Drivers will expect a tip for their services. You are not expected to tip in fast-food restaurants, cinemas, or gas stations.
Weather Conditions: Average weather temperatures for San Francisco in February range from a high of 60°F (16°C) and a low of 48°F (9°C). The most rainfall on average also occurs in February.
Where to Eat Tonight: https://sf.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-san-francisco-38
San Francisco is the birthplace of sourdough bread, and you find pungent, chewy loaves of it everywhere, particularly along Fisherman's Wharf. You also find moderately priced California wines just about everywhere -- thanks to the proximity of the Napa and Sonoma valleys, to the north.
This historical diversity has helped to create a city of adventurous diners and has kept chefs here busy inventing fare to satisfy their demanding clientele. The now-famous California cuisine, an ephemeral term that generally implies full-flavored dishes consisting of fresh, usually organic produce and meats and drawing inspiration from both European and Asian cookery, is a hallmark of that drive.
1. Alcatraz: Alcatraz Island, located in the middle of San Francisco bay, is an infamous federal penitentiary.
2. Golden Gate Bridge: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
3. Chinatown: Chinatown is an electric neighborhood of 100,000 people. Get a taste of Hong Kong’s present and past with its authentic markets and fantastic restaurants.
4. Fisherman’s Wharf: Fisherman’s Wharf is known for its historic waterfront, delicious seafood, spectacular sights and unique shopping. The area offers some of the most incredible views of the San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge and the cityscape.
5. Haight-Ashbury: At the center of the hippie culture of the 1960s, this trendy neighborhood now consists of upscale boutiques, Internet cafes and hip restaurants.
6. Golden Gate National Recreation Area: Golden Gate is the largest urban national park in the world, containing 74,000 acres of land and water.
7. The Exploratorium: The Exploratorium is a collage of hundreds of science, art and human perception exhibits.
8. Presidio National Park: For 218 years, the Presidio served as an army post for three nations. It is now a national park with almost 1,500 acres of hiking and biking trails, beautiful beaches and stunning views.
9. Union Square: Union Square is one of San Francisco's main retail and cultural centers featuring everything from upscale department stores and boutiques to discount houses.
10. Pier 39: Pier 39, the third most visited attraction in the U.S., offers several waterfront attractions including dining, shopping, live entertainment and sea lions.