Nominations for the 2019 award must be submitted by December 14, 2018 using the form below.
The 2018 Mary Litynski Award was presented to Dave Rand, one of the first anti-spammers and long-time developer of MAPS starting in the early 1990s. The award was presented at the M3AAWG 42tnd General Meeting in San Francisco on February 20, 2018. We also applaud the previous M3AAWG Mary Litynski Award recepients who are outstanding individuals dedicated to protecting end-users.
Please us the form below for 2019 award submissions.
In 2010 the Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (M3AAWG) and the Internet industry as a whole lost a great friend and supporter, Mary Litynski. Her dedication, excellence, perseverance and tireless work behind the scenes of M3AAWG helped make the organization the success that it is today. She will be deeply missed by us all.
To constantly remind us all of her hard work and dedication, M3AAWG has created an annual award that will recognize the life-time achievements of an individual who has significantly contributed to making the Internet safer for all, reflecting that same work ethic and dedication.
The M3AAWG Mary Litynski Award will be presented at our annual San Francisco meeting, which has become one of the industry’s best-attended messaging anti-abuse events. The winner will be honored at the event where the accomplishment will be described to attendees, the recognized work will be summarized on the M3AAWG website, and it will be shared with the press.
Through this award, M3AAWG seeks to bring attention to the remarkable work that is done far from the public eye over a significant period of time -- work undertaken by dedicated and driven individuals for the greater good. In doing so, we continue to honor the commitment and legacy of our good friend Mary.
- The nominated person has made a significant contribution to reducing spam, fighting bots or malware, or safeguarding other aspects of online messaging over a significant period.
- The person's work can be related to messaging on any platform, including mobile devices and social networks.
- The person's work can be related to a particular country or it can be global in scope.
- The nominated body of work can be technical, related to public policy, or be educational in nature. In the final analysis, end-users should be safer as a result of the endeavors.
- The recognized work contributes to building and maintaining a trusted environment for online messaging.
To nominate an industry professional or to be considered yourself, please complete the form below.